Thursday, May 16, 2013

First Post!!

You know, it's actually kinda funny. I was all excited about starting a blog, I create my profile, get this thing all set up, and now that it's time to actually begin writing, I don't even know where to start.... sound familiar??

Why is it that we get so jazzed up and excited about starting things, but once we are actually there...we don't always follow through? 
Ever bought a new workout DVD only to leave it still in the package? 
Ever bought a gym membership, used it twice and just haven't gotten around to going back?
Ever googled some new healthy diet with great sounding recipes only to decide ordering that pizza is much easier? And I mean it just tastes so good. 

I don't think lazy is the right word, I think we don't commit to these things because we are scared. Scared of failure. Scared it won't matter. Scared to try something new. I recently heard the quote, "What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?" A hell of a lot...that's for sure.

Well this blog is here to help you with that, it's here to help you realize that you WILL NOT fail, and that not only is a healthier you going to come, but a BANGING  body to go with it. 

3 years ago I started creating my own healthy diet as well as an exercise routine, and although there have been struggles along the way, my life has transformed for the better in so many ways. I crave healthy foods, I exercise to reduce my stress, and most importantly, I believe in myself. 

As a senior in high school I couldn't even run a mile without feeling like I was GOING to DIE. And today I have now completed two half marathons as well as a full marathon, which was 26.2 miles of learning "impossible is nothing". 
Most recent half marathon I ran in under 2 hours

So join me on this ride, try some of my recipes, put yourself through a few of my workouts, and if anything, print out one of these quotes and realize whether you think you can or can't, you're right. So might as well realize you sure as hell can do anything you set your mind to. All I'm asking, is you don't quit. Don't let this blog be yet another thing you quit on because you were scared. 

Nothing worth having comes easy, but lucky for us fitness junkies (which will soon be you too) we can have fun while we do it.

Welp, this seems like a good way to finish a first post. Stay tuned for recipes, workouts and how you too can live; The Fit Life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment